The Bell City Rifle Club Yankee League & Fun Highpower Matches
2017 Bell City Highpower Matches
Dates: Saturdays, May 13 th - June 17 th - August 19 th
Time: Squading starts 8:30 AM, Shooting 10:00 AM (pits seal at 9:50 AM). Relays: Three relays (shoot, score, pit), entries limited to range capacity of 54 people.
Fees: Individual match fee: Bell City members $10.00, non members, $12.00, Juniors $5.00.
NRA Status: Sanctioned League.
Course of Fire: 200 yard reduced 80 shot National Match Course with two sighters at each stage. NO ALIBIS allowed (except range & pit alibis).
1. Offhand: 2 sighters, 20 rounds for record, time limit: 22 minutes, SR target.
2. Rapid Sitting: 2 sighters, 20 rounds for record, rapid fire sitting or kneeling, time limit: 60 seconds per 10 shot string, SR target.
3. Rapid Prone: 2 sighters, 20 rounds for record, rapid fire prone, time limit: 70 seconds per 10 shot string, SR-42 target.
4. Slow Prone: 2 sighters, 20 rounds for record, slow fire prone, time limit: 22 minutes, MR-52 target.
Eligibility: Open to all U.S. citizens.
Rifles Allowed: Service Rifle (rules 3.1, 3.1.1, 3.1.2) or Match Rifle (rules 3.3, 3.3.1). Metallic sights only.
Rules: Current NRA rules apply. ALL competitors will use empty chamber indicators at all times except when firing or in the designated preparation period.
Challenges: $2.00 per challenge (it is the shooters responsibility to have correct change).
Classifications: Shooters will compete in their respective classes. Unclassified shooters will compete in the Master class.
Point of Contact:
James Verbickas # 860-283-8396 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Joseph Waller # 860-883-2763 (email@example.com)
Directions: Mount Vernon Road, Southington, CT. From I-84 take exit 31, south on route 229 to Jude Lane and Mount Vernon Road. Club is ¼ mile on left.
Bell City Highpower Slowfire Matches:
(1) Superbowl Sunday Match: Sunday, February 5th, 2017(Superbowl Sunday). --- 40 rounds slow fire . 10 prone, 10 sitting, 10 kneeling, 10 standing. You may substitute kneeling with another string of standing. 5 sighters may be taken during the course of fire (shooter discretion). All rounds will be shot on the SR target at 200 yards. Any rifle, any sights.
Good Friday Match April 14, 2017 same as above.
2) April 8th Any Rifle, Iron Sights Same as above except sights
3) July 15th Any Rifle, Iron Sights Same as above except sights
4) Sept. 16th. Any Rifle, Iron Sights. Same as above except sights
(1) John C. Garand Match: Sunday, October 15th., 2017. John C. Garand match course B at 200 yards:
1. Slow Prone: 5 sighters, 20 rounds for record, slow fire prone, time limit: 25 minutes, SR target.
2. Rapid Prone: No sighters, 10 rounds for record, rapid fire prone from standing, time limit: 70 seconds, SR target.
3. Rapid Sitting: No sighters, 10 rounds for record, rapid fire sitting or kneeling from standing, time limit: 60 seconds, SR target.
4. Offhand: No sighters, 10 rounds for record, time limit: 10 minutes, SR target.
(2) Springfield / Military Bolt Rifle Match: Sunday, November 5th, 2017. Course of fire will be the same as the John C. Garand match noted above with the exception of the rapid fire strings being conducted under a 80 second time limit.
I am working on having a M1 carbine match this summer at 100 yards and towards the end of the year a Hot Dog match like we use to have on Good Friday but they have been cold the last few years.